Sunday, June 1, 2008

Simple joys...Sweet memories

When I was in sixth grade, my elementary school had a spring fair. It was a magical day for me. The playground was transformed into a wonderland of food and games. The teacher's of the school... and parent volunteers manned the numerous stands. One stand had these amazing treats for sale... lemons with a peppermint stick. I think they were 25 cents each. You sucked on the peppermint stick like a straw and delicious "lemonade" was the sweet treat.

I have such wonderful memories of this fair. It was only one day, but it seems to wrap up my childhood in a yummy, finger-licking, colored-cellophane, candy-coated confection.



This fair was one defining moment in my childhood. All things bright and beautiful...all things cheery and colorful....food...fun and festivities! I think it may have lit the sparkler on my interest in special occasions and events.
I hope you have the chance to go to a fair this summer and "taste" some of the memories of your own childhood.

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own