Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged to share six words that I would use to describe myself. Immediately, I think of Mother since that has pretty much defined my life in a really wonderful and profound way.

Some days, it felt like that was going to be my only word, and it might be difficult to ever find any other description for myself...and I really didn't mind because it was rewarding and consuming ...and I was always exhausted.

The words that come to mind are joyful, overwhelming, sleep-deprived, blessed, grateful and stressed.

Gradually, without really noticing or even minding all that much, I lost little bits of me in the process of mothering and even more managing my personal life...for many reasons, some of which were out of my control. Now that my children are older and not so dependent, I have more time to remember and reclaim those parts of myself that I didn't know I missed.

So, even though Mother is my most important word, I am not putting it in my list, since it would be like putting my name in the list. Mother is part of my identity...not my description.

When I think of myself overall, I come up with the following:

Sentimental
Creative
Passionate
Extreme
Imaginative
Exspressive
Unorganized
Observant
Questioner...that's nine words, so I guess I'm also a Rule-Breaker.

But, if I had to describe myself at this exact moment and stage in my life, I'd use these words:

Searching, Reflective, Diminished, Impatient, Reviving, Zealous

This is the point where I'm supposed to tag other people...But I'm still relatively new to blogging and I don't know anyone well enough...so I guess that makes me tentative.

I tag everyone who reads this to think of your own six or sixty words that describe you! Acknowledge or add "participant" to your list and let me know what your words are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can see where you as a mom you do start to lose parts of yourself..it can be very frustrating trying to be yourself and mother your kids. I like your list..especially the unorganized bit! And I'm definately a questioner and the Observer type. And we wont talk about be inpatient:)
Those are great pics of you and your kids and that blue dress..wow..you look beautiful!
~Christine

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own