Saturday, August 9, 2008

Casual Saturday

Time is running out on the summer...even the weather seems in a hurry. It feels more like late September around here. The weather is just beautiful.
We have less than 20 days until school starts.

It was a great day to walk around downtown. We had a fabulous lunch where all the sandwiches are named after cartoons. I had a Snoopy - tuna, tomato, asparagus, cooper cheese... melted on an english muffin. I also had a fabulous cream of crab soup...no little slivers of crab here, but huge lumps of tender crab. (That was a meal in itself)

My daughter visited her favorite vintage shop and found this cute skirt. The skirt is made from a variety of vintage fabrics.








Since we ate lunch late and it filled us up, we didn't eat dinner. But then, I was hungry for something little later in the evening.
I had to make do with what we had in the house, and I was craving salty. So, I improvised and cooked up a hot dip.

Fabulous Feta Hodge-Podge Dip

Mix
8 ounces of cream cheese
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup, or so of cheese whiz (it's all we had...I'd use shredded cheddar next time)
1/4 cup minced onion
1 Tb. dried parsley
spread above mixture in baking dish
top with
1 package of feta
Bake at 350 until hot...remove from oven
Top with
chopped tomato
1 can black olives(drained first)

You have to like feta to like this dip.

All we had was a half bag of stale tortilla chips (my kids never shut the bags), so I put them on a cookie sheet and popped them in the oven. Good as new.

And lastly, look at how the evening sky paints a pretty picture.







No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own