Sunday, August 24, 2008

Mother Nature's Playground

Maui, Hawaii

I've been on vacation! I meant to post before I left...but things got crazy as I prepared for the trip. I just got back ...here are a few quick photographs... until I get settled.


One view from our room.




My three children on our balcony. Our view was so beautiful.
Another shot of them.



I have found Mother Nature's playground and it is Maui, Hawaii!





Here are a few shots of The Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa. This Resort is billed as a cultural center. It is amazing...beautiful landscaping, fabulous art...including Fernando Botero, Pablo Picasso and Andy Warhol. The cuisine is fabulous too(more on that later...)

As you can see, the resort is right on the ocean. Here's a shot of one of the pools and the ocean.


This next photograph is of the chapel near the ocean. This is a popular site for weddings.





One view of the lobby...notice some of the breathtaking sculpture by Fernando Botero.


Waterfalls and lush gardens are everywhere...

There's a Japanese element to the landscaping...


The Botero bar...named for the wonderful sculpture by Botero that surrounds it.

Another lobby view...





I took over 1,000 photographs...that doesn't include the photographs on my daughter's camera. These photos are just a taste of the resort...


Words can not describe, and photographs can not capture the magical land of Maui.
But I'll try, by sharing some of the photographs when I get the chance.

We were in Maui for ten days. We could have easily spent the entire time without ever leaving the beautiful resort The Grand Wailea Resort Hotel & Spa. Check out the link...you'll see the amazing resort photographed professionally. The resort is amazing. Beautiful landscaping, fabulous art...world class spa...a zillion paths, nooks, pools...right on the ocean...
Here's a small teaser of what we saw daily...



No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own