Sunday, October 5, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday

Vintage Aprons

Hi everyone. This is my very first Show and Tell Sunday. As luck would have it, I was away all weekend, and didn't get back home until late last night.

I just started collecting vintage aprons. I have three lovely ones to share.

This first apron is a pink sheer apron with a heart pocket.

I placed it near a window so you could see how sheer it is.


I love the detailing on it.


This white and red apron is a favorite because of the polka dots. It is also very small which reminds me of how very tiny those vintage waists were!


Here you can see it a little closer.



I bought this tea towel at the same time and I felt it was a perfect match, so I included it too. I can just imagine them being used together.


This was my very first apron.


Here's a close up view of the design.



Thanks for stopping by...I look forward to seeing all the fabulous aprons that you have to share!

Be sure to visit all the other sites. There are some wonderful aprons in blogland. You can find a list of participants here.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Your aprons are great! I love the heart pocket on the first one! I think the red/white polka dot is my favorite! And the tea towel is perfect with it! Love the graphics on the the last one! Thanks so much for playing along with us today and sharing your great collection!

Neabear said...

I love your aprons. It was fun to see them. I also love your blog. And the header picture is great!

Linda Summerfield said...

What pretty aprons!!!

Protector of Vintage said...

I enjoyed viewing your pretty aprons and the vintage towel is adorable. Take care~

Betty said...

Oh! I love that apron and the cute towel you have with it! I was too late to do an apron post but I'm having fun looking at everyone's apron collections!

Miss Rhea said...

Great aprons !! I LOVE that sweet tea towel too, what a great find that was. :)

Katie said...

Very sweet aprons...What a great start to your collection! Thanks for stopping by my blog today, and entering the giveaway...Take care, Katie

~Becca~Bluebird Rose said...

You have some lovely aprons; I especially like the sheer one and also the one of the little children at the flower stand.
Love your name ~~ mine is Bluebirds and Roses!!
:)
~Becca~

KatCollects said...

The red apron and tea towel are my favorite, so sweet together.
Kathy

roseylittlethings said...

I love the red and white one, it is super cute!! Have a great week!

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

That's a great start to your apron collection! I love them all equally! The see-through ones are fun to wear and feel silly in!
~Jennifer~

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own