Friday, November 28, 2008

Over in a flash

After two days of preparation, cooking...



... baking...
...table decorating...

...and centerpiece making...
I was very tired.


The turkey turned out fine...




but, I really enjoyed the acorn squash soup the most. The fact that this odd, acorn shaped vegetable...once cut, roasted and pureed could result in this velvety smooth, tasty soup was even more satisfying to me...culinary wise... than making the turkey.



...and, what's a holiday (or, any day) without chocolate and sweets!







Once everything was on the table, I only had the energy for this one photo.
...and when I went to bed... it was early.
I remember my mom commenting that after all that work, the meal was over in 20 minutes.
I didn't even feel like eating after looking at all that food all day. I've decided...this was preparation enough to convince me that next year...we are taking a vacation and making reservations...again.
At least until there are grandkids.

I hope that you weren't the sole chef... or, at least that you had plenty of (or any) help...and that your Thanksgiving found you restful and hungry.
As for me...the turkey sandwich ...that I ate alone ...at my kitchen table ... for lunch today...
was divine!

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own