Thursday, November 13, 2008

The sky is crying ...

the streets are full of tears...






Rainy days give me the opportunity to breath. The spraying of the rain slapping against the library roof sounds like a big pot of soup on a rolling boil. It makes me feel warm and comforted as easily as a fluffy pillow and cozy blanket. I'm wrapped in simple pleasures. I want to curl up like my kitty and relax the day away. I savor the luxury of doing absolutely nothing...except for a sensory refueling. I'm feasting on downtime and it feels sinfully satisfying.
Biscuits in the oven going to watch them rise...


...right before my very eyes...


The intoxicating aroma of biscuits baking...

...and hot chocolate sending smoke signals of steam...

...pillowy marshmallows float on a sea of velvety smooth chocolate...
...the luminescent swirl of golden honey flowing down a volcano of butter....

...the gleaming stream of melted butter dripping off flaky biscuit layers ... the anticipation of that first salty-sweet bite.


... the warmth of a fire...

...and cozy slippers.
Simple pleasures. Simply Joy.

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own