Monday, November 17, 2008

Tagged




I've been tagged by Tammy to name 7 random and/or weird book facts about myself.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share seven random and/or weird BOOK facts about yourself.
3. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Here are my seven book facts:


1. I love the smell of book ink....paper. I sniff books before I read them. I also love the sound of the page being turned. A bookstore is heaven to me. I visit the two big chains in my area... Barnes and Noble and Borders... several times a week. I start to feel antsy if I don't get there. It calms me.


2. When I was in elementary school, I used to ride the public bus downtown to the library ... alone... and sometimes with my younger brothers. This was far away and I was young...about 9 years old. I can't imagine letting my kids do that. What was my mom thinking? The children's librarian knew me well and would often order books that she knew I would like.



3. I had a fabulous elementary librarian who fostered my love of books. I remember her reading A Wrinkle In Time to us aloud. As I mentioned in an earlier blog... since I was the librarian's assistant... I got to check out all the new books before everyone else. I remember reading the oldies too, like... Winnie the pooh series and the Betsy books...and Nancy Drew.




4. I worked in the library during my college days to help pay for college. I worked the desk, shelved books, processed inter-library loan, and checked in new books(heaven) This was a heck of a lot better than scraping used food trays into a big trowel. Yuk. I had that job first semester freshman year. When my kids were young, I voluntered as the storytime craft session person for the local library...so I guess I've never been far away from books.

5. I was the weird kid in elementary school who read a zillion book titles and always topped the list in pages read. No one else ever came close. I read really fast..still do. It wasn't a competition to me, I just loved reading that much. My Dad used to say... "if you learn one thing from a book, that's one thing you never knew before."

6. My elementary school had a "stop everything and read" during the day...where we did just that. I longed for this throughout the day. In fact, I still do this... I read instead of doing things I should.

7. I keep all my books and am very protective of them. I have a library in my home, but all the shelves are full...so...you can find books all over the house. I need a bigger library. I don't like loaning books because you never get them back. I buy them for people instead.



Wow, there's so much more. Books HAVE really been a huge part of my life. Okay...I tag...

Don't worry ladies... if you don't post a list...I won't be offended, I know we're all busy.

2 comments:

Debbie Egizio said...

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for thinking of me and tagging me to play along. I'll have to think about this and probably post something next week. BTW, did you get the tricky troll? Sorry that it took some time to get that package on it's way. Well take care my friend! See ya, Debbie Egizio

Emily Anne Leyland ( Art-n-Sewl) said...

Thank you for tagging me too. I will do my list in a few days. Gorgeous blog:)

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own