Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Obama smokes

Do you care if Obama smokes?

That's a recent question making the rounds in blog land after the recent revelation that Obama has fallen off the wagon when it comes to cigarette smoking.

I do.

I have a personal vendetta against cigarettes...since a life long addictive smoking habit caused the lung cancer that led to my mother's early death. It's a known health hazard.

I do think it's his personal right to smoke if he wants to...as long as it isn't affecting anyone else. (Although indirectly, it certainly affects his family) But as president, I think he has the added responsibility as serving as a role model. He needs to set a better example for children. Knowing that the president smokes may glamorize the habit.

He could certainly help a lot of people by kicking the habit for good.

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own