Saturday, December 27, 2008

slow going slipper day

My children have off a record number of school days this year, and I'm feeling bummed that we are sitting at home instead of having planned a vacation jaunt to somewhere...anyway. It's so difficult pulling them out of school because they miss so much. It feels like a big waste of a "chunk" of free days to be staying home.

Although, my kids aren't really staying home...they are getting together with friends for bowling and movie parties and dinner... Yeah...it's pretty much me who wishes I were anywhere else but here.

I'm trying to look on the bright side. I can stay in my pajamas all day since there is pretty much open schedules all around. I can sleep in and stay up really late. And, if I were on vacation...I'd surely be eating way too much.

Plus...I can get to all that laundry and organization that I've been putting off...

I hope to make good use of all this downtime, and have spent most of the day cleaning out my closet. Of course, now my bedroom is full of everything that I had in my closet. Fun, I know...but, maybe I'll be better organized for the new year.

Here's hoping your day has been a little more exciting.

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own