Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year Celebration
The Year Of The Ox
Tonight we were invited to a Chinese New Year Celebration by my sister-in-law and family.
Some families in the area who have adopted from China got together to celebrate the Year Of The Ox.


There was a lot of yummy Chinese food... and little children dressed in adorable clothing.


My niece already has a handle on those chopsticks!

Of course, you know me...I head straight for the desserts!
Yummy cake!
Delicious cookies...all adorned with ox images.

My nieces are getting ready for the parade by banging on pan lids.

Here comes the dragon!










Crafts were made...



...and bubble wrap fireworks!!!!

We had a fun, festive evening! Thanks for letting us share in the celebration!

1 comment:

luckygirlgifts said...

Happy New Year!! My daughter is an ox, she's turning twelve soon.
Thanks for entering my one world one heart giveaway.
Cari B.

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own