Sunday, January 11, 2009

Shine

How's your weekend going?
I spent a quiet evening crafting with my daughter. It was nice spending time with her. She had call-backs for her high school musical...Oklahoma... yesterday (keep your fingers crossed)...the science fair is over, for now...and her psych paper is done.... so, it was the first time in a long, long time that we could kick back.

I worked on several of my on-going projects...
here's one...

I had this itty bitty vintage dolly with her arms permanently reaching up... so she's rising to the occasion on a star.

We all need a reminder to shine...don't you think?


My daughter created a lovely mermaid painting... it still needs some finishing touches...I'll post it when she's finished.
I really cherish the time I spend with her...creating... and talking, laughing and having fun.

2 comments:

Jan Thomason said...

thanks, elizabeth for signing up for my blog giveaway! i'm so glad you found it in your meandering:)

i'm saving your blog so i can check it out later when i have time to really look at it - what i've seen i think is darling!

warmly, jan

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That is just so lovely, and I love that she is reaching up to the stars!

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own