Wednesday, January 28, 2009

We had a snow day today!
Gone are the days when my children could hardly wait to bundle up and make snow forts and snowmen... only to come filing in 30 minutes later for hot chocolate. The piles of wet clothing in the laundry room, still packed with snow...are non existent.
I won't be finding that lone glove in the middle of the yard when the snow melts. Nor will I be reminding them to bring the sled back into the garage before it blows away. I won't be substituting a large cardboard box for when the sled would inevitable end up wedged in someone else's pine trees blocks away. I don't have to rummage through the crisper drawer in the refrigerator to find that forgotten dried up carrot for the snowman.
Change is hard sometimes.
I remind myself to embrace change.

Some things change, and some things stay the same. Snow days always make me feel like baking...why is that?
I baked hazelnut brownies...


and little heart cakes...

that I decorated...
with fluffy marshmallow cream and sprinkles...

I baked a raspberry coffee cake...

and bread...

and, I ate a little of everything... while I watched the snow change to rain and
slowly wash away our snow day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I am coming over! I want brownies, a heart cake, some warm bread with butter, and a slice of coffee cake! heheh! It all looks wonderful! Man, I want a snow day!!! Yeah right, it doesn't snow in South Texas! hehehe!

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own