Saturday, March 28, 2009

Box Social
My daughter's musical, Oklahoma is coming up. The cast decided to have a box social like they do in the musical. They had the girls in the cast team up to make a basket of food that the boys will "bid" on. Instead of actually paying for the baskets, they plan on playing the game Now You Have It Now You Don't. A guy will pick a basket and other guys will have the chance to "steal" it away until they've gone through all the guys in the cast. Whoever ends up with the basket will share it with the two girls. I still think they should have broken from stereotypical roles and had the guys make the baskets!

Like mother, like daughter...I believe my theme obsessions have rubbed off on my daughter. The other cast member decided to make cookies to contribute to the meal. My daughter went a little crazy.
She decided to decorate the basket...

with a gingham...
and cowhand theme...



She packed it full of yummy food....and matching party goods.

She made turkey, cheddar, green apple sandwiches and wrapped them like this...
She made red potato and dill salad...fresh strawberries, brie and french bread, old fashioned rootbeer and a snack mix...
To add to her cast member's cookies, she included chocolates and a Cherry pie...
wrapped like this...

Yes, I do believe she is my daughter. She's learned this craziness from me.

I'm still trying to decide if this is really a good thing. I hope she has fun!
It sounds like a yip-ia-oh good time!!

No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own