Wednesday, April 15, 2009

More Florida
On our second day in Florida, we got a late start since everyone slept in. My daughter and I did a little shopping and then had a fabulous dinner with just the two of us. Have I mentioned that I really love food! Food is always the highlight of our vacations.

On our third day in sunny Florida we drove to Orlando to visit Universal Studios. This will probably be our last trip to the theme parks until grandchildren are involved. I can't believe I'm saying that. The kids have gotten too old and have seen most of the attractions, and it's not worth the huge price of admission anymore.

The boys...probably the last spring they will actually look like boys.


Vamping it up in front of the diner.


The Simpson's were a new feature in the park since we were last there.






This is me with the bee I won playing Bop the Gopher! I still have quick reflexes...yeah! My daughter put the camera on that feature that color selects one shade.


The next day was Easter.
My kids are grown, but I still get them Easter baskets(really scaled down this year) and I still make them hunt for them.

Under a pillow on the sofa...

...in the end table... My daughter's was in a basket high on a shelf in the kitchen.




It's a tradition to have some sort of stuffed toy too.


...looking thrilled...

Here they are goofing off with their Russell Stover chocolate bunnies.
Later that evening, we ate a non-traditional Easter dinner at a marina and watched the boats come in off the gulf as the sun slowly set.

On Monday, we went to the beach again and packed up to go home. But, then we missed our flight...and you know the rest of the story.

2 comments:

kathy said...

Hey girl -- Cute pics and I got your darling egg with the Laugh for my banner __ SO FUN - I love it -- did not get mine til Monday _- so I missed Easter display -- But loving it -- so have to keep it out to look at a while -and for spring inspiration - and like getting two eggs in one -- delightful _ Kathy - ga

Cindy said...

I LOVE FLORIDA! I can't wait to go back. We did not get to make it to the beach, but hope to next time. So much to do there. I'm glad you had a good time.

-c

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own