Sunday, May 24, 2009

Artfest
Artfest was today. Artists gather from all around to display and sell their work along the river in a nearby town. The day was absolutely georgeous too. This is one of my all time favorite events and I look forward to it all year. The art is so inspiring and I always come away from the day recharged. (and full of yummy junk food...think cheese fries)
Usually, I just get to look at the beautiful pieces... which include everything from jewelry to pottery...from paintings to sculpture...you name it...it's there... with many, many vendors....but, this year I planned ahead and saved a few dollars to take along.

I could have purchased a million things...it was hard to choose...but the following came home with me...

I was captivated by this hand sculpture...

And, this mermaid by the same artist spoke to me.

Both of these pieces were created by James Klinger. You can view his website at http://www.klingerart.com/.
My daughter got this amazing bracelet made from vintage typewriter keys. She said I could borrow it :) This was created by Hilary Greif...she doesn't have a site.
Update: Her contact information is here.

And, my daughter got these two dresses designed by an art student!(I think) Aren't they adorable...and they were so very inexpensive. The name on the tags inside say Grace Sachi...maybe she has a facebook.
Update: I found her...her site is here.




No comments:

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own