Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mountain Dew Cupcakes?


My son has been wanting me to make these bad boys for awhile now. I finally made them.
They are definitely lemony! There was also a Mountain Dew laced icing which I made. Way too sweet for me. (and that's saying something) I ended up adding cream cheese to cut the sugar.
You could use your own icing recipe. I think they'd be great with marshmallow cream on top too...tinted green, of course.


Mountain Dew Cupcakes

1 cup butter

2 cups sugar

4 large eggs

3/4 cup Mountain Dew

1/4 cup of lemon and lime juice

lemon and lime zest

1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract

1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder

1/4 teas. salt


Beat butter on med. for 30 seconds. Add sugar and lemon/lime zest. Beat until fluffy.

Add eggs one at a time.

Whisk flour, baking powder and salt. Add to above ingredients and mix.

Add Mountain Dew, lemon/lime juice and extract. Mix.

Scoop into cupcake liners. Fill 2/3 full.

Bake at 350 until tester comes out clean.


Frost with your favorite icing with a teaspoon of lemon extract added and tinted green.

1 comment:

Dolly said...

Hi Elizabeth,
I love the name of your blog! Too cute!!!!!

These cup cakes sound yummy!
I am gonna jot down the recipe!

Thank you for signing up for my give away!

Hugz, Dolly

Find a way

Find a way
a path will take you there...or make your own